Opening space in the big end of town

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Mon Nov 13 22:25:34 PST 2000

Alan--

20 years ago, when I was just beginning my consulting practice, I was
responsible for the design and facilitation of a community futuring meeting.
Most of the current forms for large group interventions had not yet been
invented, but the co-convenor and I went ahead just as if we knew what we
were doing.  My small town does not have many spaces available for 100+
people to work face-to-face, so we met in the high school cafeteria, around
round tables, with flipchart paper on the tables for recording and brownbag
lunches.  It was a great day!  We had 4 such meetings over a period of 5
years, and the results are still visible today in a few very successful
community projects and an unusually high degree of collaboration between
systems in the county.

Joelle Everett

2.  Sign in and Proceed