cross cultural sensitivity

Jan Nickerson JaNickrson at aol.com
Mon Nov 6 05:21:28 PST 2000

In a message dated 11/06/2000 4:29:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
birgitt at mindspring.com writes:

<<  I think there are many different interpretations of Spirit.
 Based on country of origin. Yet we handle it as though there is a similar
 interpretation. Likewise, I think there are many different interpretations
 of other words. I think this was a culprit at OSONOS and we did our best
 with it (and thank you to our hosts for having the conference in English).
 Do any of you have any thoughts on this? Any suggestions for how we can do
 well with our international conversations? >>

I'd love to hear other cultures' interpretations of spirit, that I, and each
of us, may be enrichened by painting a broader picture than any one culture
might be able to do.

If that conversation is beyond the purpose of OSList, then perhaps those who
are interested could create an egroup for that discussion.  Whoever comes are
the right ones to come.  How ever long it lasts ....

Collaboratively,

Jan

To create better health in a living system, connect it to more of itself.
Meg Wheatley