poetry space

Jeff Aitken ja at svn.net
Mon Nov 20 10:38:06 PST 2000

Thank you Chris. It's a great honor and responsibility which I accept with
gratitude and delight! I was very happy to see so many wonderful poems from
our worldwide community.

I dedicate this to Mrs. Chenu, who taught haiku in the sixth grade at
Cameron Ranch Elementary School in Carmichael, California, and who looked
on without a wince as I proudly read my first haiku:

rocks are sometimes sharp.
some dumb kids like to throw them.
I am one of them.

I think that poetry helps us see things that cannot be seen. As
facilitators of open space process we know how much goes on that is
invisible and yet vital to the quality of the open space. I love that we
are writing poems to bring these things forth and to celebrate their beauty.

Please don't wait for the next contest to share your poetry with us!

Thanks to Ralph Copleman, Chris Corrigan, Chris Weaver for holding the
poetry space on the listserv.

Jeff Aitken
Inverness Ridge, California, USA