The Last HO-T

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 20 05:42:17 PST 2000

Perhaps you have never heard of OT. In which case, please trash this
message. And maybe you have received it twice, so trash it double. But if
you have been a participant in, or were hoping to join one of our Symposia
On Organization Transformation (otherwise known as OT) I regret to inform
you that OT18 was the last HO-T, but not necessarily the last OT.

Here is the thing. We were hopeful to go to Denver, but the good folks
there couldn't find a suitable space. And believe me they tried hard!  So
that put it all back in my court, and when it arrived I honestly had to
admit that I simply did not have the energy to spin the great extravaganza
up one more time. For 18 years (with one year off, when John Adams took
over) I have had the pleasure and privilege of gathering with friends from
all over the world. We talked, thought, and played, -- and I truly believe
the world has been made richer for it all. I know I have received
incredible gifts.  But as the fellow says, "When it is over it is
over,"  So I have taken the closing of space in Denver as a message from
the  universe -- OT18 was the last HO-T.

But it need not be the last OT. Folks in Europe have been doing it for
years, and there is no reason why the tradition can't live on in the US
without me. So if anybody would care to open the space in the US one more
time, please carry on.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive