OS across boundaries

Chris Weaver/Rhett Hudson rhett&chris at main.nc.us
Sat Nov 11 14:46:37 PST 2000

Dear OSLIST,

I thank Artur, Lisa Heft, Lauren, Nuran Yigit, and others for your bold
leadership.  Your life experience across so many boundaries and languages is
a resource beyond measure.  Artur, your response to Birgitt is something for
me to return to over and over, for practical points and also to humble me
into Beginner's Mind about cross-cultural work.  Allow me to quote Artur's
central message:

"If OS (I mean, us) fails to solve the question of cross cultural
communication, I wonder if we wouldn't also be failing the spirit of OS...

...I think that Open Space has more conditions to take all this situation
into consideration then any other management or facilitating method I have
ever known about. If we let ourselves be guided by the spirit of Open Space,
with true respect and understanding for all the cultures and all human
beings, considered as REALLY equal in rights and enlightenment, I can't
imagine how we can fail."

Let us make it so.
Chris Weaver