Large small space recently opened

Chris Corrigan corcom at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Nov 8 20:25:08 PST 2000

Colleagues:

It's funny thing. The smallest spaces need the most attention.
Sometimes, the smallest are the largest.

On Tuesday (and for all of Monday and most of Sunday) I was opening
space for my second child, a boy named Finn Sinclair Corrigan-Frost, who
entered the world singing before he was fully born -- the Elders call it
"bringing greetings from the spirt world" -- on Novemer 7.

He was born at home in the company of two midwives, a doula, my
partner's mother and our 3 year old daughter, Aine, who cut the cord and
officially brought him into our world.

It was a good birth and a long, but good labour. He is healthy and my
partner Caitlin is doing really well.  As we were walking around down by
the ocean on Monday, with Caitlin in labour and a long day and night
ahead of us, she turned to me and said "it's a funny thing being in
labour.  The old world has passed away and the new one has yet to
begin.  I feel like a spirit, invisible to everyone, dwelling in the
boundary between the two worlds, holding space for what is about to
come."

You can see where I get my inspiration from.

Anyway, those of you coming to our town in August will have a chance to
meet Finn, and for others that are curious, I'm sure I'll find time in
the next year or so (!) to put some photos on my web site.  Right now
I'd gladly pay anyone $1000 to break into to our place in the dead of
night and do the dishes!

Naturally responding to my email will be slow, and if you have questions
about OSonOS IX that need immediate answers please send them to Laurel.
I'll see everyone online soon.

Chris

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN