opening space in the issue groups at OSonOS VIII

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Sun Nov 5 12:57:51 PST 2000

Dear colleagues,
I convened one group in the "post conference" and participated in one
on the first day. Both groups were intense and productive, there was
a time at the start where everyone expressed why they had come to the
group, participants listened, asked questions and  the progress of
the discussion was visualized, results were documented. Most
important to me were the insights and different approaches and the
deep transcultural dialogue and empathetic attitude which greatly
assisted the development of  the issue at hand leading to some
considerable changes in the training design I am involved in.
So thats my own experience. Had the conditions not been the way I
experienced them, and I almost always have similar experiences in
settings I choose to be in, I would have intervened in any of the
various ways I have experienced as conducive to productive meetings
or obeyed The Law.
So here is my puzzlement: Why would anyone in open space or in  any
other setting tolerate group work that is not productive, creative,
joyous, upbeat, playful, deep?
See you all in Vancouver next August
greetings from Berlin
michael

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing
but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK