Some reflections from OST training in Sweden w Brigitt Williams

Thomas Herrmann thomas.herrmann at telia.com
Tue Nov 21 11:30:23 PST 2000

Hi all
Last week I spent in Stockholm learning more about OST with Birgitt
Williams. 4 days OST and 3 days advanced training focusing Open Space
Organization. I had very high expectations after all I had heard from others
on the list. These expectations were fulfilled in every sense + a lot more.
We were about 32 participants in the first part and 10 in the second.
I have been working with OST for two years but did learn so much. I am glad
I choose to join both parts of the training. The good thing about all is
that Birgitt gave me a torch and led me to a path I want to follow. The
"bad" thing is that the path is never ending. I have to have faith in the
batteries, I do actually. It's a lifelong journey.
I have a greater understanding of my role as a facilitator and how I have to
develop personally to be able to assist organizations to achieve "the best".
I now have very good tools to prepare the sponsor for the event. That gives
us also a solid base for the analysis afterwards. What happened? A decision
of how to go on after an event can be made, taking into account the
possibilities I have learned about.
The gathering also gave me many new contacts in Sweden but also in Canada(3
participants)and Holland(1)).
The training had a lot of time for discussion and reflection. My personal
view of Open Space Technology is clearer and that is of great importance for
me.
If you're interested in the place (castle) we stayed at you may have a look
att www.ranas.se It was soo nice. Thanks Agneta for arranging it and Birgitt
for sharing all your knowledge and experiences. You made us work so hard -
and we loved it.
I will soon be back with info about a Swedish Open Space Network that was
born last week.
Greetings
Thomas Herrmann
Open Space Consulting