OS in Asia

kerry napuk k at napuk.demon.co.uk
Mon May 29 02:41:07 PDT 2000

Dear Jimbo

Interesting story!

We use dot voting to set priorities at end of each event (almost
always of one day duration), but we encourage those who volunteer to
implement and the sponsor to carefully review all issues and actions
regardless of votes.  Often something is missed that appears to be
more important on reflection.  So, this is one way to widen
acceptance of work not attracting most votes.

Another way is to indicate that the votes are indicative, not all inclusive.

Finally, the steering group or sponsor can group items for further work.

Cheers

Kerry Napuk
Openm Futures
Edinburgh