Making the OS community visible

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Fri May 19 05:16:14 PDT 2000

At 07:09 PM 5/17/00 -0400,Rich Norris wrote:

>Externally enhancing the visibility does surface several questions.  How
>much visibility can the system take without degrading the richness and
>value of the listserve to the OS community?  How Open is the community
>willing to be or become (beyond what it already is)?  Will the simplicity
>of the listseve be the most effiecient way of serving and sustaining the
>Openess?
>
>Rich Norris
I can't help but feel that this listserve is what it is -- and as they say in
the great State of Maine -- If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Having said all of
that, Rich, I think the questions you raise are real and deserve further
comment. For me the issue is all about making Open Space available to
whomsoever might need it. To all those folks here on the list who have
indicated that they are putting pens to paper or fingers to the keyboard -- I
say go for it! And to anybody else who is thinking about it -- Please stop
thinking. Do it!

This listserve gives us all the opportunity to share our experiences, questions
and A-haas. But when it comes to addressing the broader community what happens
here is pretty much preaching to the choir. And that is a good and useful
function, after all choirs need help just like everybody else. However, if I
can continue the analogy, choirs don't really become choirs until they perform
-- publicly. So come on folks -- Sing!

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive