Poetry mania response

Chris Corrigan corcom at interchange.ubc.ca
Tue May 2 10:29:41 PDT 2000

A special committe, the Open Space Subcommittee Responsible For
Enforcing Principles has been struck to deal with the voicerferous
protests regarding an extension to the deadlines associated with the so
called 2nd Bianual OSLIST Restricted Form Poetry Contest, and
specifically the acceptance of a poem by Jimbo Ale.

It was agreed unanimously that the Principle "When it's over, it's over"
applies in this case and that the rogue organizer of the contest, one
Chris Corrigan, should be sanctioned for ever thinking that he could get
away with this.  The committee instructed Mr. Corrigan to include Jimbo
Ale's poem in the contest and to assign it number 11 for voting
purposes.

The committee also cited Ralph Copleman for the courage to stride into
the centre of the circle and plaster one rather forceful issue on the
committee's previously blank agenda wall.  They do however, remind him
that, in future, it is only necessary to use the standard quarter size
flip chart paper, and not a whole banner to post his issues...;-).

Jimbo's poem therefore stands, and you can vote for it by indicating #11
to me by Friday, midnight PST (6 May 0800 UTC).

CJC

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN
108-1035 Pacific Street