ADVERTISING ONESELF!!

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Tue May 2 09:15:37 PDT 2000

At 10:54 AM 5/2/00 +1000, you wrote:
>Harrison.  Thanks for your insights.  The age old debate continues - "Is it
the
>singer or the song?"  You have touched something in me that I feel I need to
>share.
*****************************
Robert -- I hear you, but I think you misunderstood my point. When it comes to
compensating good singers for their effort,  I am all in favor. Indeed, I have
taken perhaps more than my fair share -- presuming I am indeed a good singer.
But my point was not so much about good singers, but MORE good singers. My
learning over the years has been that every time somebody feels empowered to
Open Space, we are all the richer for their action. I think the vitality of
this listserve is a testimony to that fact. So here is the way my mind works.
Since I don't own Open Space, but never the less become enriched when more
people take possession of what is rightfully theirs -- I make first and best
effort to see if all that can happen.  From there on out, I am pleased to help
in any way I can, including offering my services -- for a fair and reasonable
price. And that price (just for the record) varies all over the lot dependant
on the situation. My corporate fee, and my community based organization fee
don't look anything like each other.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive