multi-voter

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Mon May 1 04:16:16 PDT 2000

At 04:35 PM 4/30/00 -0600, you wrote:
>In the Open Space book, reference is made to Multi-voter. However, the
>telephone number does not connect to the same company as mentioned in the
text.
*********************************
Sorry for the confusion. Telephone numbers do change. To lease the Multi-Voter
Software contact Carl Phillips at TASC. Phone number is 703-633-8300 extention
456. Charges for the use of Multi-voter top out at $200 for Corporations.
Non-Profits etc can go for less.

I have used Multi-Voter since its creation and it is a life saver with larger
groups (say 75 up) As I explain in the book, there are many ways to prioritize
issues, including stickies etc. But when the group is large, I find all that
becomes just confusing. It is also possible to do the job manually -- but that
requires an hour or so of mind-numbing calculations. Contrast all of the above
with 5 min. and the computer does all the work. In addition, the results are
presented as bar graphs... which certain personality types just love. Comes as
areal relief to all that touchy-feely, airy-fairy Open Space :-)

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854