OS in connection/combination to a serie of lectures

Thomas Herrmann thomas.herrmann at telia.com
Tue May 30 12:52:04 PDT 2000

A professor of a nearby University (west Sweden) will organize a serie of
lectures (15) concerned with approaches to build different kinds of networks
between businesses. The lecturers are very interesting researchers and
practioners. The aim is to aquire more knowledge in the area and support
regional development, mainly for businesses. Local officials, politicians,
enterpreneurs will be invited to attend the whole serie.
We are discussing how to combine this with OS. His original suggestion is
that every lecture is followed by an OS. Since the total timeframe for each
event was planned to last for about three hours there would be too little
time for OS within that. We discussed some alternatives. 1. To extend the
timeframe (might be possible) to, say three hours of OS each time. 2.
Cluster the lectures and have an OS after each cluster. I would suggest a
whole day, since I don't think longer time will be possible. 3. Have the
whole serie of lectures followed by an OS for at least one day, hopefully
two.
Initially I was also among the lecturers. "OS as a tool for developing
networks". I think this tool will be visable anyway.
If anyone has ideas or suggestions, I would appreciate hearing from you!
Greetings Thomas Herrmann