conference as open!space

Florian Fischer florianfischer at ff-wey.com
Tue May 16 09:54:09 PDT 2000

dear friends,
please let me ask for advice.

20 years ago i had been involved in establishing an association
of designers, to improve the quality of the visible word.
we called it "forum typography" , we started with 50 collegues
sharing our experience, showing recent work, discussing
how to improve public design and design-education.

"forum typography" had become an annual meeting,
grew an grew over the years to an conventional sheduled
huge 3-day-programm (16 hours) guru-speakers on the stage,
about 350 participants in the auditorium.
a huge job of preparation, expensive documentation one year later.
again in that way next friday to sunday, 20.-22.05.2000 in hamburg,
germany.

i get support of the board
to do the next years meeting in weimar
(city of goethe and schiller) as an open!space.
the next-years chairman jay and my friend anna ,
member of the board, are well open!space-minded.

together we want to give the conference in hamburg
an idea and the invitation to
open!space in weimar 2001.

that´s my question:
how should we do that
within the frame- and fencework of a conventional conference.

we´ll get 15 minutes time.
the idea is, to ask them about the subject, they would be involved to
take part,
to gather that on paper-sheets, to fix that on a wall.

please let me know your idea.

thanks for reading up to now.

florian fischer, berlin

the wey