Table at the Opening: Inclusiveness

Maureen Pomroy maureen.pomroy at hrdc-drhc.gc.ca
Mon May 15 05:15:14 PDT 2000

Form: Reply
Text: (36 lines follow)
Maureen will be out of the office from Tuesday, May 9th, 11:00 a.m. to
Tuesday, May 16th, 8:45 a.m.

Maureen Pomroy
Business Lines Consultant
Tel:  (709) 772-2735
Fax:  (709) 772-2104

"When a group does the impossible in the first hour of its meeting, it is
very hard to stop them after that.  This is called empowerment."
        - H. Owen, on Open Space
---------- Original Text ----------

From: "Chris Corrigan" <corcom at INTERCHANGE.UBC.CA>, on 5/10/00 8:29 PM:

I think it's nice to have the option and maybe have a small table
nearby.  If I need it then it's a simple matter of briging it into the
centre.  How do I know when I need it?  Gut instinct, I suppose.

I general I have dispensed with the table in the centre as it truly does
affect the way the circle works.   The point you make, Diane, about no
barriers creating barriers is a good one.  As with everything, it's a
question of balance, and balancing is hard to do.

Chris

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN
108-1035 Pacific Street