develop joint theme

Larry Peterson lpasoc at inforamp.net
Tue May 2 19:37:23 PDT 2000

There are times when I work with a group, usually in training or workshops,
where the "theme" for the Open Space to come is generated by the group
itself.  This works in a small group. Usually, I use a talking piece or
other format to engage the group in explore what it wants to accomplish and
what kind of theme would best provide a focus for that conversation.  In a
"training" event, I would go thought a similar process that I go through
with sponsors, but in brief, to discover a theme statement that is
compelling, open, in a language that engatges the group.  At OSI meetings,
we have ofter started by connecting and finding a theme that fits where we
are headed.  The gathered group is the sponsor.

Larry