virtual OS / a proposal regarding one of the principles

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 29 15:19:55 PST 2000

At 02:53 PM 3/29/00 +0000, you wrote:
>"What happens is the only thing that happens."
>I'm with you.
>That "only thing that could have" has stuck in my conscience like a fishbone
>for more than a year.
>
>-Chris Weaver
*******************************
I love to split hairs. And being grammatically correct is not one of my
virtues. (Politically correct neither) So. If it didn't happen -- it couldn't
happen -- just then. Sometime later -- maybe. In the past -- possibly. But
right then it didn't, and therefore couldn't. Not possible. You want it a
different way? Sounds fine to me. Especially when you get it into German. Any
people who split a verb between the front and back of a long sentence which
should have been a paragraph -- making it impossible to decipher for folks who
usually keep their verbs all in one place -- can certainly have it any way they
want. If for no other reason, I for one will never figure it out. So carry on.
Seriously, the words really aren't all that important -- Opening space is.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854