Musings on Respect

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 10 05:45:50 PST 2000

At 08:35 PM 3/9/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Reflections on recent postings here.  Apologies for the length.
*********************************
No appologies needed -- it's wonderful. For those of you who don't know Ralph,
I can only say you have met an important part of him in these reflections. This
is the gentleman who showed up at the First International Symposium on
Organization Transformation 18 years ago sporting a marvelous cape. When asked,
he simply said his name was Merlin. It's only gotten better.
        And by the way, if anybody would like to come to The Eighteenth
International Symposium on Organization Transformation, it will take place in
Stowe VT (USA) June 27 - July 1, 2000. This is where Open Space was born, and
the whole notion of Organization Transformation first broke out. Pretty weird
then. Pretty neat now. The conference fee is obnoxiously large -- $25 (reduced
from $30 last year) and living expenses range from minimal to oppulent -- you
choose. For an invitation and details, check my website (see below).

Oh yes -- Ralph. On the subject of martinis. I have followed my lifelong
practice of thinking of one more thing not to do. No onions, no olives, no
tooth picks, no vermouth -- just pure essence of Beefeaters. What I call very
fine British white reserve -- a vintage year.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854