Opening space for 24 Polish people - It worked magic.

Toke Paludan Møller - InterChange toke at interchange.dk
Mon Mar 6 23:54:38 PST 2000

Hi friends of Open Space

I held one yesterday here in Denmark for a group of 24 Polish
environmentalits, farmers, scholl teachers and decesion makers from a rural
area west of Warsaw. It worked magic.

Some of them had never been outside their area or worked in groups before.

In 5 hours they had deceided to form action teams to transform their area
to work towards sustainable action in the area of education, farming and
tourism......

Translation: - only two understood English - so only the briefing and the
reflection in the end all the rest was in their language and on their
terms.......

when they understood the law of two feet, the smiled and became part of the
process, that was so new to them to be conscoiusly given the choice to
follow their own feeling for freedom......

I  am looking forward to see how Open Space can help the development in
Eastern Europe where I have done a lot of work already.

Anybody else Opening space there ?
The baltics, Ukraine, Russia, Poland, Hungary ?

love to hear your learnings.

- toke

Toke Paludan Møller
InterChange  Aps   - at the edge of nature
Stengaardsvej 5 A, 8600 Silkeborg, Denmark
Ph   +45 8684 6919   Fax +45 8684 6908
Mobile  +45 2616 6919
email:  toke at interchange.dk
NEW - URL: http://www.interchange.dk