OS in Vancouver with Aboriginal youth

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 6 05:01:25 PST 2000

At 10:05 PM 3/5/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Ran an Open Space in Vancouver yesterday, another community based one,
>this one targetting the urban Aboriginal youth community.  Urban
>Aboriginal youth here in Vancouver face a number of issues, including
>alientation from their traditional territories and culture, loss of
>identity, racism, street involvement, including drugs, gangs and
>prostitution and the usual litany of problems associated with poverty.
****************************
Great Story!! I have passed this along to Anna-Eva Lohe in Uppsala Sweden, who
along with colleagues has been working with unemployed youth in that city. They
did an Open Space in Novemeber, and seem poised to do more as a means for job
development. Perhaps there could be some synergy? Anna's email is
<anna-eva.lohe at lohe.se>. I have suggested that she might like to join us on the
listserve.

Harrison

Harrison Owen