Opening space in eastern Europe

Toke Paludan Møller - InterChange toke at interchange.dk
Fri Mar 24 06:15:50 PST 2000

dear Kerry

Wonderful to  hear your story. It seems an extra gift to be allowed to
witness the open of space for dialogue and eqal coop with people who have
never had that oppertunity.....

I may be opening more Space in LVIV, Ukraine and of in Zagreb with some
young pioneers in the entrepreneurial educational field later this
year........

- toke

>Dear Toke Moller
>
>Yes, did my first Eastern European OST in September last year in Brasov,
>Romania with 72 people from local governments, NGOs, medical staff,
>journalists, users, ex-users etc. in mental health.  Event lasted one and
>half days and was conducted in the Romanian language except for 25 minutes
>of my English.
>
>The take-up rate for implementing the priorities was 95%!  At last count,
>the priorities are being realised in five cities and through one steering
>group on national policy.   My translator, manager of the sponsoring NGO,
>became a co-facilitator about half way through.   Also, it was worth noting
>that this LDC managed to use a lap top to print out priorities and hand to
>all departing participants, a feat unmatched in our 27 other events in the
>UK!  Apparently, this experience was very unsual for Romanians who have not
>had opportunities to meet and discuss important issues in open dialogue let
>alone have the confidence to do something on their own with no resources.
>
>I also trained nine people before the event and debriefed them after they
>participated in the event.
>
>Next stop will be Armenia this October followed possibly by Bulgaria and
>Nepal.  This work is done through a small but highly effective
>international charity based in Scotland.
>
>Cheers
>
>Kerry Napuk
>Open Futures Ltd.
>Edinburgh
>Scotland
>UK

Toke Paludan Møller
InterChange  Aps   - at the edge of nature
Home office - Stengaardsvej 5 A,   8600 Silkeborg, Denmark
Ph   +45 8684 6919   Fax +45 8684 6908
Mobile  +45 2616 6919

DAYS like this, Mejlgade 50, st.     8000 C Århus, Denmark
TLF: +45 86 76 13 35.

email:  toke at interchange.dk