Cases? - Community Economic Development

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 1 04:18:28 PST 2000

At 03:47 PM 2/29/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello list!
>A colleague and I are helping a Chamber of Commerce in Colorado enter Open
>Space for a community economic summit with about 250 folks over a day and a
>half this summer.
>
>Their recent query to us:
>"Do either of you have any examples of successful applications of Open Space
>Technology to community settings?  Community wide issues with an economic
>development or growth component would be most helpful."
**********************
No problem, and it probably just down the street from wherever you are going to
Open Space. You need to contact Mark Carmel who is ( I think) currently country
Executive in Pueblo, CO. Mark has undoubtedly done more Open Spaces than I have
-- ranging from from a biggie with the townsfolk of Pueblo when their school
system went broke to another one around juvenal Justice. The Pueblo Chieftain
ran a number of storoies on Mark and his exploits. I have been trying to get
him on the listserve, but so far no success. So maybe if you beat his mailbox
to death, he will join us. Email <mcarmel at iex.net>
Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854