no structure on content

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 13 19:38:30 PST 2000

Hello friends,
I have been going through some old notes and found this quote from Peg
Holman in Sustaining Open Space published in At Work: March 1997. I liked it
and saved it and wanted to share it on the list. It seems apropos to recent
conversations regarding form.

"the genius of Open Space is that it puts no structure on content. The form
is shaped by intent and principle. ....Someone has to hold the space,
otherwise it is just another good idea before its time."

Birgitt

Birgitt Williams
Make Genuine Contact!
Dalar Associates: organizational
effectiveness consultants

Striving for Success? Ready to exceed
your expectations?

Contact us for consulting services, training,
conference and meeting facilitation,
and keynote speaking.

www.openspacetechnology.com