a mentoring idea

Chris Corrigan corcom at interchange.ubc.ca
Thu Jun 29 22:00:29 PDT 2000

I think the short answer is ...bad controlling idea.  i think the long
answer is....what a fantastic opportunity.  I think that opening space
for the relationships to unfold within could be a very valuable
exercise...I'm sure needs and passions would come forward that you could
never have planned for otherwise.  And the relationships will be that
much more meangingful.

I agree with others in letting people propose the topics they wish to
convene around.  For sure the needs of the teachers will come forward,
and the mentors may find themselves alone in a group if their passion is
not shared by others.  The other benefit of opeing the space is that the
line between teacher and mentor will probably become blurred...not a bad
thing for the operatives in any educational system to experience.

But don't tell them this ;-)

Chris

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN