I need advice . . .

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Tue Jun 27 10:44:35 PDT 2000

hello laurel,
father brian bainbridge, who may pop in here to straighten
me out on this (or may not) once told a story of a group of
teachers doing curriculum design in something like three
2-hour session held on consecutive wednesday mornings or so.
 not sure that i want debate the complexity of curriculum
vs. cardiology, but perhaps these folks would be able to
make this two-hour commitment several times over the course
of a month or months.

as i recall, brian opened the space on the first day and did
one session.  then the second session, they put all topics
back up, took the next round and adjourned.  some things
were completed between sessions and all their work was
settled by end of session three.  pretty tough to be
spacious in one 0645 session, but perhaps you can achieve a
sense of space by creating a weekly or monthly practice on
this question of getting home on time?

hope this helps, and that i haven't corrupted brian's story
too much.

michael

--

Michael Herman
...inviting results in evolving organizations

Michael Herman Associates
300 West North Avenue #1105
Chicago IL 60610
312-280-7838 voice/fax