I been switched, bothered and bewildered.

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 23 05:24:31 PDT 2000

At 06:43 PM 6/22/00 -0400, Richard Norris wrote:
>Harrison,
>
>Hope your trip is a safe one for all.  Was pulling a sailboat cross country
>once and had the great experience of replacing wheel bearings enroute.
>They looked fine before I left San Francisco. Fortunately for us they
>seized up while at the Grand Canyon as I was pulling out of an overlook
>area.  The "eye candy" helped make the work go faster and eased the stress.
>  Have fun!
>
>Rich Norris

Good eye candy is always helpful in a stressful situation. Maybe we need
some here on the listserve????

But the best I can come up with is sort of ear-candy. Sort of...

Anyhow, I guess it is my failing mind, but I really can't see what the
issue is. Essentially we have two email systems. One old, tired, and
antiquated (poor old Boise State) and the other pretty much up to
par.  Both are free, although you do have to put up with a bit of
advertising on egroup. Anybody who can get email on one system can get it
on the other -- so nobody is excluded. Where is the problem? Why not go
with the system that works better?

As for TMN -- that is a whole different kettle of fish. It is web-based, so
in theory some folks might not be able to reach it. But in practice, I
can't believe there is much of a problem. First of all, TMN will not
replace the listserve  [ hopefully egroup :-)  ] -- but run parallel.
Secondly, if there is anybody out there who can't get on TMN just email me.
I'll be happy to send you a copy of IE or Netscape -- and failing
everything else -- forward whatever material you want -- up to a point.

So if anybody out there actually feels left out or in the dark -- let's
hear from you. Otherwise let's get on with the business -- opening up a
little space and sharing experiences. Seems like 99.99999% of our
conversation in the last several weeks has been about the modes of
communication. How about some communication of a different sort. A little
ear/mind candy.

The 'Ol Curmudgeon

Harrison

Harrison Owen