35 to 25

Chris Corrigan corcom at interchange.ubc.ca
Sun Jun 11 16:33:41 PDT 2000

In my experience it's quite common.   I don't know what happens to the
topics...sometimes the groups don't meet because the convenor got
sidetracked and other times, they do meet but no one produces a report.
In a variation of the above, at the OS last week one group produced a
report even though their issue was never put on the wall.  Two or three
people had gone away to talk about diversity issues, and decided that
the conversation merited a report so that went into the hopper and was
quite a popular issue for convergence.

I think that the process is the important part, and of course
participants are free to choose to do what they want with their time.  I
know two things for sure: the issues that come forward at the beginning
are not the sum total of all there is to talk about and secondly, what's
meaningful for a group at 9:00 might not always be the same thing at
10:00.  Open Space respects that the group's priorities can and do
change, and thus some topics don't get reported on (which is not the
same thing as getting dropped).

Your mileage may vary, of course...

Chris

--