OSLIST Archives on the Web

Murli Nagasundaram rismurli at cobfac.boisestate.edu
Fri Jun 16 09:28:09 PDT 2000

All,

We've finally got our LISTSERV archives on the web.  This goes back only
till March 1998, and I vaguely recall that this list started before that
time.

Here's what you do to access the archives (BONUS:  you can manage your
subscription settings there too, as well as post messages from the browser):

1.  Go to http://listserv.boisestate.edu
2.  Click on "Online mailing list archives"
3.  Scroll down the page and click on "OSLIST"
4.  Select the month you want to access or click on "Search the archives"
5.  You will be asked to log in with your email address and
password.  Click on " get a new LISTSERV password first"
6.  Type in the email address you use for receiving your OSLIST messages
and a password (you need to type it in twice).
7.  Then just follow the instructions from there (which is another of
saying, "I don't remember what happens after this").

So what does this all do to the "Switching services" debate I
initiated?  For one thing, your OSLIST legacy is preserved and will always
be accessible from this site.  Does this mean we needn't move to
egroups?  Egroups still has some advantages such as the storage of files,
links, database, calendar, that LISTSERV doesn't provide.  And egroups is
likely visited by more people than the Boise State web server, meaning that
there is a greater chance of potential OSLIST members serendipitously
discovering the list.

Meanwhile ....

1.  Please go check out the website
2.  I have set up an egroup called oslist at egroups.com and am in the process