Ok, OK, OK

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 15 11:04:03 PDT 2000

I like the listserve too. It is a cheery way to begin the day. But I also
find it very difficult for serious conversation. Things get so fragmented,
and you have a hard job finding the beginning of a conversation when you
think you missed an important point. So I say, let's keep it. But we also
have access to MetaNet, and I propose to put some items up there that are
engaging my attention and ask anybody who cares to come and join me. I will
post that invitation on the listserve along with instruction on how to make
the leap. And if we get some really good stuff going, I might just migrate
a taste of it back to the listserve to wet your appetite.

There is another reason I think it to be worth while to check out MetaNet.
Over the years I have used the system both during and after an Open Space
-- as a way to record proceedings and keep in touch. It works very much the
way Open Space does, and is a natural fit. The Caucus people are even
apparently in the process of creating a new version that will be a closer
fit, but at the moment that is all vapor-ware. So whether to join me in
some explorations, or to scout out useful support tools for your Open
Space, I invite you to come, one more time. And for those of you worried
about web-speed, all I can say is that I run at 28.8 and it goes about as
fast as I can handle. Then again, I started out with modems that only did
300 baud on a good day. Anything above that seems like a flash-in-the-dash.
Or whatever.

Once again -- to make the trip come to www.tmn.com/new . When you get there
register, and slide down to "Other Conferences," type in Open Space, and
you should arrive. Right now there is just a little demo-material, but you
can get the feel of it. And when/as/if we get something really exciting,
I'll let you know.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive