Fw: Knowledge Cafe - from Lin Grist

Patrick McAuley patrick.mcauley at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 12 11:43:24 PDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: ChrysUK1 at aol.com
To: patrick.mcauley at sympatico.ca
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: Knowledge Cafe

Patrick:  I haven't heard of the Knowledge Cafe, but it sounds really
interesting - thanks for all the detailed information on it.

My guess is that the process, although self-organizing and fast would not
yield as "rich" material because:
(a)  the groups do not have an opportunity to hear all of the issues and
create the agenda from their own passion
(b)  there is not enough time for people to take the time to listen to what
other people have to say

Having said that - for those of us with clients who can't imagine spending a
couple of days without an agenda and still have a rich outcome, it maybe a
way of moving them into the process.  The downside of course, is that they
might stay there.

Lin Grist