os-training at moscou

Jo Toepfer jotoepfer at gmx.net
Thu Jun 1 13:43:58 PDT 2000

Dear colleagues,

thank you very much Florian for transmitting the message we left on your
voice machine to the OS List serve. In the meantime we managed to solve the
technical problems so that we can write to the List directly. Our training
consists essentially of 3 parts. It starts with a thematic open space,
including convertions, followed by on open space on the open space just
experienced and closes in its 3 rd part with an open space on the role of
the facilitator.

Today we began with part one. Fortunately we re framed the theme with the
sponsor the night before. As we discovered, that they were very interested
to work on the future of their own organization. Instead of "creating
organizations that work" the theme now is: "The Future of Our INTERTRAINING".

Here is a little more detail of our first day:
We started today at 10:00 am with the sponsor opening the fourth annual
meeting of INTERTRAINING (which lasts from June 1st true June 6th, the
training taking place the first four days (2 minutes)). This was followed
by an overview for the 4-days of the open space training (10 minutes).
Immediately following the sponsor opened the space (7 minutes) and we were
off and running.

Michael did the traditional introduction and Jo translated simultaneously.
For both of us it was the first experience of working the circle, focusing
the group, stating the theme, introducing the process, creating the
bulletin board and opening the market place as a pare. We greatly enjoyed
it. The other tempo created a different atmosphere. In contrast the
bulletin board was created in record time - 15 minutes. And the
participants charged into the work groups. It's wunderful to have the
chance to start the training with a real life issue. The 47 participants
posted 22 issues, worked 17, recorded in 20 pages of proceedings that we
just finished printing. We will start reading them tomorrow morning and
than converge.

Parallel to all this Jo is translating like crazy with the assistance of
the Russian colleagues. Here is a sample:
дНАПН ОНФЮКНБЮРЭ Б open space !!!

оПХМЖХОШ
╥       оПХЬЕДЬХЕ ЯЧДЮ КЧДХ, ЩРН МЮХАНКЕЕ ОНУНДЪЫХЕ СВЮЯРМХЙХ
╥       рН, ВРН ОПНХЯУНДХР  ЩРН ЕДХМЯРБЕММНЕ, ВРН ЛНФЕР ОПНХГНИРХ
╥       оПНЖЕЯЯ МЮВХМЮЕРЯЪ, ЙНЦДЮ ОПХУНДХР БПЕЛЪ
╥       еЯКХ ЙНМЕЖ  РН ЙНМЕЖ / еЯКХ МЕ ЙНМЕЖ  РНЦДЮ МЕ ЙНМЕЖ

гЮЙНМ:
гЮЙНМ ДБСУ МНЦ
ЬЛЕКШ
АЮАНВЙХ

оПЕДСОПЕЬДЕМХЕ
аСДЭРЕ ЦНРНБШ Й ЯЧПОПХГЮЛ

яПНЙ ЯДЮВЮ ОПНРНЙНКНБ Б .....

We are both exhausted and exhillerated. Here are a couple of examples of
what the Russians worked on today:
Can organizations live eternally?
How can fairy tails become reality?
Values as an tool in a trainer's work

Be prepared to get another report from Moscow tomorrow. And we are
preparing ourselves to be surprised too on what will happen in the next
view days.
Jo and Michael

--
Jochen Toepfer