Opens Space and Playback Theatre

BJ Peters bjpeters at amug.org
Fri Jun 30 18:08:58 PDT 2000

Peter O'Connell wrote:

> And while I'm unsure of the relevance or interest out there in this topic,
> in the way of OST I'm putting it up, and am prepared to be surprised.

Peter-- I appreciate your making and sharing this connection between OST and
Playback Theater. Our Regional ODN group was privileged to have the AZ
Playback Theater Group do one of our monthly programs with one of our
colleagues last year. At the time I was struck by the power of it, and yet
didn't make the connection to open space. I see it now. And I would use
Playback Theater as a part of an event or process, surrounded by open,
interactive dialogue so that the audience is actively engaged. I know I have a
lot more thinking and learning to do about how to join the spirit of
participative design (OST and others) with something as powerful as Playback
Theater.

Thanks for getting the creative juices flowing --BJ