Idea

Donald Horrigan horrigan at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 14 11:36:55 PDT 2000

Kathleen,

I think your idea is right on the mark. You will know for sure that your
passion and intuition about education and teachers' needs is on target when
it is met by others who share that passion in Open Space.

I have been using OS with various sets of teachers, counselors and
administrators for the past few years as a vehicle for generating passion
and focused action for school improvement and redesign. The real "rock" is
the ability to sustain follow-through over time. Another "rock" is teacher's
skepticism and wariness about what they perceive as "gimmicks." The need to
create an environment of trust and trust worthiness is paramount. Within
schools and school systems trust in "official" leadership is often very low.
I think that very fact creates an opening for your approach.

I am most interested in how your passion evolves and in supporting you in
your work.

Don Horrigan
DH Associates
12713 Kincaid Ln.