OSLIST Digest - 30 Jun 2000 to 1 Jul 2000 (#2000-116)

Davis, Megan DavisMe at WSDOT.WA.GOV
Wed Jul 5 09:14:06 PDT 2000

Jeff,

I have used the humongous post-it flip chart pages, and they have not stayed
put on a way for even one day, let alone 2.

There is a kind of masking tape that is especially gentle...I think it is
blue, and it may be a 3M product, that the company might consider.

If not, a rip-stop nylon "sticky wall" might work, but you still have to get
it to stay on the wall...

Good luck!

Megan Davis
Washington State DOT
Organizational Development Services
(360) 705-7412
davisme at wsdot.wa.gov

> ----------

2.  Sign in and Proceed

Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:36:41 -0700
To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From: BJ Peters <bjpeters at amug.org>
Subject: Re: new teacher mentorship model

--------------8B84C97B830F671F73F6E4E5

Rhett Hudson/Chris Weaver wrote:

> Dear Susan,
>
> Your reflections on the care that could go into the building of the
> relationships are very helpful.  I had not considered this aspect
> before you raised it.  I received the fine news today that NCTeach
> would like to hire me officially to join the team to plan and
> implement the mentorship aspect of the program over the next year.
> Your comments lead me to the idea of spending time with the planning
> team (which includes people with many years' experience developing
> mentor trainings) to explore the relationship-building elements of
> mentorship.  What does this process look/feel like from the inside?
> What could it be at its best?  Perhaps we can come up with some good
> "guiding questions" to send out to our participants before the first
> Open Space.

Chris-- Thank you for sharing your creativity via this new application
for Open Space. It has "opened space" in my thinking for all sorts of
related possibilities.

Your response to Susan made me think that you might want to consider
doing an Appreciative Inquiry Discovery process to help participants
connect with their own best experiences with the relationship-building
elements of mentorship. I frequently use Appreciative Inquiry with
groups before doing Open Space. It helps with relationship building
itself as well as supporting people to tap their own inner wisdom, share
best practices and co-create their own future.

Blessings and peace --BJ