Idea

BJ Peters bjpeters at amug.org
Tue Jul 11 12:02:33 PDT 2000

Kathleen A Pichola wrote:

> Peg and others
> I had an inspiration the other day and wanted to check it out with the
> OST experts. I have been well trained in Os by Harrison and Birgitt, but
> have yet to implement it.  After a meditation the other day, I received
> the idea of offering an open space to individuals, namely teachers, as a
> way of allowing them to come together to support each other and to allow
> Spirit to work through individuals in many school systems.  Schools are
> very focused on Proficiency tests here in Ohio and are very conservative
> my nature.  I thought if I could reach and support those who are yearning
> for something more meaningful, it would be a good entry point.  Also, I
> am much more comfortable working with individuals than organizations,
> having been a psychotherapist for 15 years.
> Peg, I remember you telling me about an OS you did for women that spread
> by word of mouth and ended up with 120 people.  I'm wondering what
> thoughts you have for me.  My biggest questions; Will an OS work if it is
> coming from my own Passion?  I'm beginning to think about the "givens" in
> this type of situation, since people would be coming from different
> organizations.  I would appreciate any wisdom you and the group could
> offer.  I am very excited about his possibility and would like to offer
> it in the fall.
> Thanks,
> Kathleen Pichola

Kathleen-- I have done OS with people who come from different organizations
and it has worked quite well. As in all OS events, the critical piece is the
THEME and how it is worded. And it is important to know by what theme your
participants will become engaged. Could you get a teacher populated design
team together? Do you plan to have a client? Would one of the schools or
districts consider using this as a teacher in-service? What about a school
board? These are just some "braindrops" tumbling from my head this hot day
in Phoenix.

Good luck and keep us posted. --BJ