OST Software for Internet

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Sat Jul 1 07:31:15 PDT 2000

hello vitaliy,

i think the state of the art for online openspace is the
metanet system we're just starting to play with in our
community here.  http://www.tmn.com/new

otherwise, the best, easiest, albeit more crude, system i've
found is the ultimate bulletin board system now in use at
http://www.openspaceworld.org  we posted the results from
osonos7 there last year and invited non-local participants
to post responses.  well, we got but a few, as the whole
thing was finished only just in time for the conference.
don't think it was on many people's screens yet.  we did
post our proceedings there easily and simultaneously to
posting them on the wall in our main meeting room, though.
the ubb software is easily installed, well supported, only
about $170 USD, and available online instantly at http://www.ultimatebb.com

the egroups.com option that murli has raised lately is
another option, but i prefer the 'conversational' look,
feel, flow of metanet and the ultimate bboard software over
the one-message-at-a-time choppiness of the egroups stuff on
the web.  the first two options are much more encouraging of
conversation during and after the event, but it all you need
to do is get the info back and forth between sites, simple
email could be made to work.

hope some of this helps, michael

--

Michael Herman
...inviting results in evolving organizations

Michael Herman Associates
300 West North Avenue #1105
Chicago IL 60610
312-280-7838 voice/fax