an open space love story

Murli Nagasundaram rismurli at cobfac.boisestate.edu
Sun Jan 30 18:12:56 PST 2000

Dear Birgitt and Ward:

I am thinking of you and your new adventure as you begin this next stage of
your relationship. May God be with you and may your happiness together always
be growing even in your apart-ness as you live through the next few months
before you can be together all the time.

Jim and I know how this feels and there are two things I would add for you to
think about:

1. The coming together is a really joyous time - this is a gift - I know you
will treasure that and enjoy it.

2. Sometimes the coming together is a crabby adjustment - we have had to
learn that the crabbiness is what we do that earns the joyous times - sort of
preparation and homework for the good times which would not be as meaningful
without the other times.

May your crabbiness be good and meaningful and juicy (as a friend of mine
would say) and may you come through those times stronger and more in tune
with each other than ever.

Blessings
Esther