Opening Space "in house"

Birgitt Bolton birgitt at worldchat.com
Wed Jan 26 12:04:37 PST 2000

Hi Kerry,
and thanks for your update. And as Harrison has pointed out, our situation
in Canada also involves politics. I believe the way we view an open space as
successful does happen in these situations and all times I have
facilitated/participated in Open Space.

I also measure the success of an Open Space on follow up. It is why I am
such an advocate of good preparation, good debrief meeting and some kind of
commitment for the collective to hear from each other about progress a few
months later if possible. My follow up with groups/companies is that there
is almost always at least 90% action underway. A high rate, or in crass
terms, a high return on investment. The cases where I have had little to
know follow up are the multi-lingual ones as I described, or in early days
before I was so insistent on convergence.

Kindest regards,
Birgitt

Birgitt Bolton
www.openspacetechnology.com