News from Bosnia

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 6 11:14:36 PST 2000

I just received the email below, and thought you all might be interested.

*******************

Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 09:51:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Elwin and Joan <elwinandjoan at yahoo.com>
Subject: Open Space in Bosnia
To: Harrison & Ethelyn Owen <owen at tmn.com>
Cc: Mark NACHRIEB <DARCHULA at STARPOWER.NET>

6 January 00

Dear Harrison and Ethelyn,
This New Year brings me and colleague Mark Nachtrieb a
second opportunity to apply Open Space to the
development of NGO's in Bosnia.
Our first engagement (in support of 10 NGOs) was two
back-to-back OST Conferences each 2 1/2 days. The 1st
with 30 members of the Board of Directors and the 2nd
with 30 Staff.
Sandwiched in the middle of the OSTs was a half day
"stand up" management training that I conducted
(against my will and better judgment) for the combined
group.
The OSTs were so successful that Mark and I were hired
"on the spot" to do another round only there will be
20 NGOs (all new) attending. That will take place in
March.
Finally, if you have an interest in hearing more about
our adventures we would like to return your
hospitality and invite you both to attend a
debriefing/lunch at our office. Like you, our office
is a nearby cafe, the Garrett Park Cafe in Bethesda.
Mark and I are available any day after 20 January.
If you say "yes" just name the day and we'll follow-up
with directions etc.
Thank you both for your interest and support of our
OST experience.
Good health and happiness in this New Year.
Elwin Guild
Baltimore
Tel (410) 669-6527

Harrison Owen