OS and Scenario Planning

Patrick McAuley patrick.mcauley at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 13 12:56:32 PST 2000

An associate and I are preparing to respond to a request for development of a strategy for a provincial government ministry here in Canada, and they seem to be looking for something innovative in the end product.  We plan to give them something innovative in the process as well.  My colleague is a veteran of scenario-based strategic planning and we thought of using Open Space at various stages along the way, partly to provide a richer source of ideas and partly as a reality check to avoid an ivory tower strategy.

Can anyone point me to cases where these two methods have been used before?  With or without success?

Patrick McAuley

PTM Consulting
20 Magnolia Lane
Guelph, ON  N1G 4X7