a protocol request

Murli Nagasundaram rismurli at cobfac.boisestate.edu
Mon Feb 7 16:37:02 PST 2000

Hi everyone,

I have a request. Could you carefully consider how you title a message
before sending it or replying --so that the subject line actually reveals
something about the contents. Often a trail of a topic changes along the
way, but with the quick "reply" button, the old title follows along with
new evolving topics.

I find the content of many of these messages invaluable, and I am trying to
keep them filed so I can go back and use them in the future. It is hard to
reference an archived topic since it often gets lost in a sea of same
titles. (Can't even usefully do a text search, since so many of those
messages contain a lot of the same key words)

I travel alot, and can return to over 250- 300 messages (not ALL from this
source :-) and I download them to reference later. So if you are replying
to a discussion, but are changing the thread of the content, could you
please create a new title which refers to your content? It would help me a
bunch, and I hope others too.

Thanks for the consideration.

-Betty

  Betty Didcoct              TIES Consulting
    betty at ic.org               Building TIES between people to
    phone:   208-682-3550      facilitate better meetings &
    fax:     603-687-4698      healthier organizations