update

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 21 05:15:54 PST 2000

At 12:46 PM 12/21/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello List
>
>Open Futures is pleased to announce the award of the first contract
>for a large group process from the Scottish Parliament.  We will
>facilitate an Open Space event with the Social Inclusion, Housing and
>Voluntary Sector Committee and 120 people on March 3, 2001 in Glasgow.

Congratulations to you!!! Please let us all know how it turns out, and
particularly any special learnings you may have arrived at during the
course of this wonderful adventure. One of my personal hopes for Open Space
is that find a happy home in the political process -- whether that be on
the formal side of things (as with your projected application) or on the
informal side. Creating the conditions for an ongoing Civil Conversation
(not to be confused with nice and polite) seems to me to be essential if
the 6 billion of us on Planet Earth are to get along together in some
useful way.

And please -- Have a splendid holiday season.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA