Seeking Input/Advice/Learning from Your Experience

FamilyFirm at aol.com FamilyFirm at aol.com
Thu Dec 7 18:59:17 PST 2000

In a message dated 12/7/00 5:14:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bjpeters at amug.org writes:

<< There are definitely other things I see that need to be addressed in
 this situation before deciding that open space would be appropriate. >>

BJ,
I work exclusively with family businesses and their advisors.  Some of the
things you sense that need to be addressed may well have to do with the
family dynamics that may be driving business issues. Non family employees of
family businesses navigate the emotional landscape these family dynamics
create in the business daily.  They must be vigilant about these dynamics but
it is sometimes dangerous to talk about them since family businesses are
often so much more emotional than other organizations.  Just in case it is of
use you can check out some of the ways my partners and I work with some of
these issues at our website. There may be a pointer or two there.  The
website is <A HREF="http://www.aspenfamilybusiness.com/">
http://www.aspenfamilybusiness.com</A>
Good luck
Joe