unsubscribe

Peggy Holman pholman at msn.com
Tue Dec 5 15:34:28 PST 2000

György,

The first is something called Digest.  This sends 1 message a day with all that day's messages in it.  In other words, if there are 10 messages, you'll get one message with the details of the 10 inside it.

The other option is something called Index which sounds like it sends a message a day with just the subjects in it.
It causes the you to receive one posting per digest cycle containing only an index of subject topics for all messages during that cycle. Instructions on how to retrieve the individual postings are included with the index.

Actually, as the volume on the list has reached 20+ a day, it has me longing for the days of 2 or 3 messages a week.  I wonder if there are others feeling this way?  (Just a rhetorical question -- not intended to generate more volume).    I LOVE the questions and conversations on this list.  And I am also longing for more quiet space.  The question it has me asking myself is: "when is silence the best message to send?"

Peggy