Day 4 open space-training Hungary

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Sat Dec 2 02:54:37 PST 2000

Dear colleagues!
After closing the training yesterday at Lake Balaton the three of us
returned to Budapest, had a grand dinner hosted by the sponsor of the
training and later had a feedback session just for the three os us a
the Cafe Central.
And here is how the last day went:
At 9 am the selected facilitation team opened the space for "I, the
open space-facilitator" with an exercise to waken people up after the
extended visit the previous night at a local winery. Two
worksessions, 9 issues, 8 groups reporting on their findings verbally
and showing posters and other papers produced in a gallery.
To secure the learning and to initiate some more reflectio there was
also a session, including lunch, where people posted their individual
learning on post its attached to their clothes. It was impressive to
see all those learning gains walking around looking for others to
process...which happened all over the place.
Right after the participants entered the market phase the
facilitation team had a feedback and reflection session with us, this
unit provides a good opportunity to work through the stuff just
experienced and has plenty of learning chances.
The self-organized open space closed at 2 pm.
In the afternoon  the 6 planning teams met to prepare a feed back for
the team that had been selected for facilitation: one think we found
the facilitation team did really well, one thing we wish them for
their future. The feedbacks were recorded on a mindmap and given to
the team.
This was followed by a final session of the SLeaGs (the random groups
of 5 participants each created on the first evening) to reflect on
the entire process: What did I learn, question I have? Everyone also
had the opportunity to work on his next step on the journey to become
an open space-facilitator or the other journeys people are embarked
on.
In Plenary, everyone who cared made their next step public.
After a short break we closed the entire training with a classical
talking stick ceremony. As we entered that phase people moved their
chairs into a tighter circle. This was possible because some had to
leave to catch travel connections. Someone said that the gift of
those leaving was that the rest of the group got closer to each
other. And as people moved toward the center we actually wound up on
the carpet that had been the center piece and here someone offered
the image of the flying carpet...and actually, we did fly!!!
A grand closing.  A grand group of people from Hungary, Germany,
Costa Rica, Slovenia, Croatia and Holland.
Hope you are all well in approaching winter or summer on this planet
and thanks for receiving our reports.
michael, jo, felicia

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK