Open Space

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Thu Aug 17 13:43:56 PDT 2000

i'll see your stickling and raise you one, birgitt...  adding that we
are not
really living IN open space, there isn't a flow i get into, there is
only the
flow that i am... and the difference for me is whether or not, or
perhaps how
much, i notice it moment to moment... how much of the Open Space (out
there) am i able to intentionally, consciously embody (right here), how
much am
i able to be not so much aware OF Open Space (the gift of the Creator,
as you
say), or even being IN open space, but being a body being aware AS open
space.

and so it is that i offer you this further distinction.  while i am able
notice the open space that i am, the method that is OST, AND the
universe as
Open Space, i most often find myself inviting friends, clients, people
in
general to notice themselves already IN Open Space.  at my best,
however, i
invite them to be with me AS open space.  maybe this treads into the
area you
consider taking credit for too much, this notion of being already AS
open
space, but we are what we are, and more and more the physicists and the
sages
are all tending to agree that we ARE mostly space.  too much of this,
however,
makes it tricky to know how to get dressed in the  morning, i think.
<grin>
with thanks, michael

p.s. i'm in the midst of a two week somatics practice course, with
friends from
around the world, connected like we are by wires.  the practice is to
yawn on
the inbreath and say 'aaaahhhh' on the outbreath, for five minutes, four
times
a day.  sounds simple, but it's quite mindblowing, especially in
distance
community, together.  anyway, i wrote something about the connections
between
yawning and open space and this embodying stuff... it's about one page
long, so
maybe i post just the url for it here...
http://www.globalchicago.net/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000031.html

Birgitt Williams wrote:

> I am a stickler on this one and will continue to be. When we meditate,
do
> yoga, walk in nature, we can get to the state where time and space
feel
> suspended and we are in flow with Spirit because we are in Open Space
where
> chaos and order dance. This is way way way bigger than Open Space
Technology

--

Michael Herman
...inviting the extraordinary to work