OS & T

Judi Richardson Richarjl at akerley.nscc.ns.ca
Fri Aug 18 08:02:57 PDT 2000

Hello All,

Interesting exchange and amazing to watch what one word can invoke!  I managed a large computer network for 3 years until I remembered it wasn't where I wanted to be!  The term "technology" , I would suggest, has many incarnations and connotations.

As I'm reading the postings, I'm reminded of the influence of intentions. If states of mind set into motion the trends of actions for the next moment, then despair or delight are contagious things, traveling from person to person in a never-ending stream.  They flow without international boundary and ovserve no cultural barriers.  Just as the quality of inner emotion and intention of a given person molds the events of their personal lives, so too do the collective feelings and intentions of humanity continuously shape international relations.  Perhaps if we can consciously hold those states of mind which create nurturing open space, or indeed a small thing like world peace (!), then we can set into motion the psychic winds of change.

As an open space "newbie", I have wondered about the use of the word technology.  Perhaps if I can remember this self-realized power of intention and inner feeling, I can trust the confusion the word offers????

Judith Richardson
B.A., B.Ed., C.N.E.
M.A. Candidate
Paralegal Studies