An inquiry

DOHERTY, KAREN karen.doherty at bell.ca
Wed Apr 19 13:31:44 PDT 2000

Hi Chris - I have been following conversations and threads on the
listserve since my training with you and Birgitt in Vancouver in
February - what a wonderful event. Since I am preparing for my first OS
session - what you have provided here is really practical and is going
to be helpful, so I did want to thank you. I will use your outline, and
find ways to make it my (and my client's) own!

Also, there have been many other contributions and conversations on the
listserve that have been very important to support my learning journey -
new information, new connections, thought provoking questions and great
ideas.  Thanks to you all - I will continue to "listen in" and expect
you will be hearing more from me ... Karen.
                                (***GO LEAFS GO***)

Chris Corrigan wrote:

> Okay...here is the description of OS...What I love about this is that it
> was written by the sponsor...all of the following came true by the
> way...
>
> CJC
>
> Some Basic Information about the Open Space Process
>
> What is Open Space?
> Open Space is a “meeting technology” which draws on some very old
> principles: inclusivity, passion, responsibility, working together and
> respect.  It encourages action rather than endless discussion and
> leadership rather than blame.
>
> We use this form of meeting because we are looking for answers from
> around the room.  We are looking for people in the community who are
> willing to collaborate with others, have ideas to share and, most
> important, are prepared to commit to act.
>
> Open Space is not for everyone.  It is for those who are passionate
> about the problems facing urban Aboriginal people in the Vancouver area
> and who want to take responsibility for solving those problems.
>
> Where’s the agenda?
> The agenda will be created in the morning, around a circle.  It will be
> driven by what people want to talk about and it will provide the time
> needed for ideas to be expressed on the actual issues that matter to the
> people in the room.  There will be no Keynote Speakers, no long drawn
> out Panel Discussions, no Expert Reports, no Power Point
> presentations
.we promise!  If you have issues, bring them.  If you have

--
Karen L. Doherty,
Associate Director - OD
e-mail: karen.doherty at bell.ca