The whole system in one room

kerry napuk k at napuk.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 10:02:20 PDT 2000

Yo, Jimbo

We like separate breakout spaces, because it clearly shows the
difference between working in a large group (community) and smaller
groups.  Also, separate small spaces seem to be quieter and promote
better flow of dialogue.  And they allow people to stretch and move
around.   Sometimes we add two spaces at the back of a big room if
there are not enough break-out spaces.  Our best venue is the Old
Playfair Library in Edinburgh, a large late 17th Century room with 40
book alcoves which make great breakouts!

On other hand, one big room works too, especially if you have no alternatives.

Cheers

Kerry Napuk
Open Futures
Edinburgh